
and what did I see... This cute Cougar staring back at me! So there had been rumors of a Cougar in the area but we didn't really believe it until we found paw prints in the snow in our back yard! So to make a long story shorter the fish and game people came out and started tracking it and sure enough last Saturday at about 9:30 we hear hound dogs going crazy outside and sure enough they had treed the mountain lion! So we went running out there to get some pictures of it! It took them almost 2 hrs to decide whether they were going to tranquilize it or shoot it! I was hoping they would just knock it out and we could pet it and take some cool pictures but much to my dismay they announced they were going to shoot it! They really wanted us to leave but we were way to interested to see what was going to happen!! So they shot at it and hit it but instead of killing over it growled at us and took off running! I was they only girl and sure that I was the slowest runner there and was probably going to get eaten by this pissed of Cougar! Lucky for me it ran the other way so we chased it behind one of my neighbors houses and it climbed up this huge tree probably about 40 feet high. Needless to say it took 8 shots before this animal died and fell out of the tree right into the creek! It was really sad (for me) but at the same time I couldn't stop watching! I secretly was hoping it would have escaped but there wasn't much I could do about it!
4 comments:
That cougar was beautiful...too bad. oh well, you wouldn't want it to hurt you or your kids...even sucking binkis (heehee)
I'm with ya on the cougar story, but I guess it must have been all for the best! I love the new pictures of the girls, they are beautiful!
Cool story and great pics. too bad they had to kill it.
Did you take those cute pics of your girls? (the big pic at the top of your blog) :) its so cute. I love that you get their pictures taken so often.
WOW, That's cool... the cougar pictures are cool. Sorry it died! My girls love their binkies too! it's a huge fight to keep Olivia from stealing Mackenzies binkies! :) it's kind of funny, it's just a little peice of plastic.
Post a Comment